VillageCare Health Home
VillageCare's Community Case Management program provides a full range of services that are designed to help foster independence and autonomy for individuals with multiple chronic conditions, severe behavioral health issues or HIV.
With the goal of improving quality of life, the case manager works directly with the client to complete an initial assessment identifying what services are needed and to develop a goal-oriented plan.
Regular home follow-up visits by the case manager ensure that service goals are met and that new and developing needs are identified.
Our case managers will work closely with you in your community to get your life moving in a new direction. We’ll advocate for a change in your life.
What is a Health Home?
A ´Health Home´ is not a physical place; it is a group of health care and service providers working together to make sure you get the care and services you need to stay healthy. Once you are enrolled in a Health Home, you will have a care manager that works with you to develop a care plan. A care plan maps out the services you need, to put you on the road to better health. Some of the services may include:
- Connecting to health care providers,
- Connecting to mental health and substance abuse providers,
- Connecting to needed medications,
- Help with housing,
- Social services (such as food, benefits, and transportation) or,
- Other community programs that can support and assist you.
How Health Home Works
- Patients are assigned a care manager who conducts a comprehensive assessment to understand the medical, behavioral and social needs of each person.
- A plan of care is developed in collaboration with each patient where specific and mutually agreed upon goals are established related to the client's needs identified in the assessment.
- After consent is received, health records are shared (either electronically or via hard copy) among health care providers so that services are not duplicated or neglected and so all providers can provide recommendations based on all the information available to them.
- Health Home services are provided through a network of organizations, coordinating providers, health plans and community-based organizations that will best serve the individual being treated.
Am I Eligible for Health Home Services?
In order to be eligible for Health Home services, the individual must be enrolled in Medicaid and must have:
- Two or more chronic conditions (e.g., Substance Use Disorder, Asthma, Diabetes*) OR
- One single qualifying chronic condition: HIV/AIDS or
- Serious Mental Illness (SMI) (Adults) or
- Serious Emotional Disturbance (SED) or Complex Trauma (Children)
Is a Health Home Right for Me?
Ask yourself these questions if you are a Medicaid recipient and believe that you may qualify for the Health Home Program:
Do you have chronic or mental health conditions for which you need regular doctor´s care?
Do you have a doctor you can see when you need to?
Do you have a safe place to live?
Do you have someone in your life to help you whenever you need help?
Do you have difficulty keeping and making it to your medical appointments?
Have you visited an emergency room or hospital more than once in the past six months? Twelve months?
VillageCare Health Home
VillageCare Health Home Contact Form
Call us at (212) 337-5665 for more information.