The 7th annual New York University and VillageCare Take Charge of Your Health Today! Community Health Forum and Expo will take place on Thursday, June 7, 2018 from 11:00 am through 2:00 pm at NYU’s Kimmel Center, 60 Washington Square South (at LaGuardia Place).
Following one of the worst flu seasons in recent history, this year the theme will be “Keep Your Defenses Up: Strengthen Your Immune System” and topics to be discussed include:
- Understanding your immune system and how it changes with age
- Understanding how your body recovers from injuries, infection, and illness
- Identifying ways to boost your immune system through nutrition and exercise
- Developing practical next steps to improving your immune system and quality of life
The event will kickoff at 11:00 AM with a health care expo at which participants can be tested for blood pressure and blood glucose, receive an oral health screening, learn hands on CPR, receive a massage, and receive important information about a variety of topics that matter to older adults and the people who care for them.
Beginning at noon, Dr. Max Gomez (CBS Emmy-Award-winning medical journalist) will moderate a panel of health care experts, who will each provide a 10-15 minute presentation on a variety of topics. Closed captioning will be provided. Panelists include (list in formation):
- Marie-Genevieve Iselin, MD, Senior Psychologist, Department of Geriatric Psychiatry, Northwell Health
- Donna McCabe, APRN-BC, GNP, Clinical Assistant Professor, NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing
- Patrick Okolo, MD, Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine, Northwell Health
- Jonathan Whiteson, MD, Director of Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation, NYU Langone Medical Center, Rusk Rehabilitation
After the presentations at 1:15 PM through 2:00 PM, Dr. Max Gomez will moderate questions submitted by the attendees. Community members interested in attending should RSVP to the NYU Office of Civic Engagement at (212) 992-7323. A light lunch and health information materials will be complimentary for attendees.